Do you want to bid in a Live Auction?
The following are the step-by-step instructions to allow you to participate in a live auction on Pacific Rim Online Auctions:
- Create an account with Pacific Rim Online Auctions, instructions below.
- Get Approved to Bid in the auction you are interested in, instructions below.
- Preview the lots within the auction.
- Place absentee/max bids if you are interested in bidding prior to the auction day. instructions below.
Creating an account with Pacific Rim Online Auctions
Creating an account with Pacific Rim Online Auctions is quick and easy! Here is how:
- Go to the create new account page if you haven't already done so.
Create a username/password combination, enter your name and provide us with a valid email.
- Click the Create Account button at the bottom of the page.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. The email contains a link that you need to click to confirm your account.
If you do not receive the email please check your spam box.
- After you have confirmed your account, you will be signed into Pacific Rim Online Auctions and ready to proceed.
Getting Approved to Bid in an Auction
Getting approved to bid in an auction is simple! Here is how:
- You need an account to be able to get approved for auctions. Need an account? Click here to create a new account...
- Select the auction you are interested in from the list of Live & Upcoming Live Auctions on the main page or
from the auction listing page. Click the Get Approved To Bid button or link.
- Sign in with your Pacific Rim Online Auctions username/password. You may already be signed-in, if so skip this step.
- Fill in the requested information as necessary, confirm your information is correct and click the button to submit it for approval.
- In most cases you will be automatically approved to bid, in a very few cases the auctioneer will need to manually approve your information
before you will be allowed to place any bids. If the auctioneer manually approves you an email will let you know when you're approved to bid.
An absentee bid is a bid placed before the start of an auction. Bidders are allowed to place absentee bids on an item up until the item is opened for live bidding. When live bidding begins our system will bid on the Bidders behalf up to the amount of their absentee bid. If the system can win you the item for less than the absentee bid it will.
To place a bid, navigate to the item you are interested in. Enter the amount you are willing to bid and click the Place Max Bid button. You will be prompted to confirm your intention to bid, click ok to finalize your bid. That’s it!
If you would like to increase your bid you can do so through the same routine. You will not outbid yourself. For example, if you are the current high bidder at $200 and you left a maximum bid of $250 and you would like to increase it to $400, just enter $400 then click the Place Max Bid button, confirm, you will still be current high bidder at $200 but your maximum bid will be updated to $400 from $250.
If you would like to view the items you have bid on and their corresponding absentee bids, sign in to your account.
Cost of Bidding
As a buyer on Pacific Rim Online Auctions, you don't pay anything to browse and bid. You will pay the auctioneer directly in the specified auction
currency when you win a lot in an auction. You'll be contacted directly to inform you of what you have won and how much you owe.
The total amount payable on your invoice may include the following where applicable:
- The amount of your winning bid,
- The applicable buyer's premium,
- Applicable taxes,
- Fees and shipping costs as agreed upon.
A buyer's premium is an amount traditionally paid by the buyer to the auctioneer for every purchase in a live auction.
This premium is a percentage of the final price of a lot. For example, if the auctioneer charges a buyer's premium of 12% on a bid price
of $1,000, you will have to pay an additional $120 for a toal of $1,120 (not including taxes/shipping/etc).
To find out about buyer's premiums and other charges, please read the terms and conditions of sale outlined in the auction overview page
of each individual auction carefully.